They're French Toast Mini Cupcakes!!!!! Can you believe it? I love french toast, so this sounds like heaven to me.
After some googling, I found her recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Maple extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you'll have scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared mini-muffin pan and bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 3 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.
So now, I just need a reason to make them. David doesn't like french toast, and I don't wanna pig out trying to eat them all by myself. I think I'll see if his dad likes french toast.